Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April 1st: The Big Bad Future

The future is always throwing itself upon us, but it seems like I feel it's weight the most when definite transitions are in the works. I felt the weight of future a little after I graduated from high school, but not to the extent that I do now as I approach college graduation. I am doing my best to trust God to show me my next step, but the waiting sometimes isn't easy for me (okay, by sometimes I mean hardly ever). But I do believe that God is good and that He can be trusted. I made this little collage card as a reminder of this. I imagined myself sitting down for a cup o' joe with the big man upstairs. I'd be blabbing on and on about what I'm worried about and why I'm worried and what I plan on being worried about in the days to come. God would patiently listen, pause and shaking his head ever so slightly, grin and say the words on this card. After I made this card I was reminded of the Bible verse Phillipians 4:6-8 which says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I know that God has big plans in store for you and me...and I'm going to do my best to trust Him every step of the way.

No comments: